McDonald’s has apologised after a two-year-old child found a used condom and sucked on it at one of its restaurants.
The mother said she rushed her daughter to hospital after seeing her put the condom in her mouth and is now worried the girl may have contracted STD. It could take two months to find out from blood tests if her daughter has an infection.
The incident reportedly happened when the mother went to the counter to order at an Australian McDonald’s in Warnbro, Perth.
McDonald’s apologised for the incident and stated that cleanliness was their top priority.
We are very sorry that the incident occurred, and take situations like this seriously. Cleanliness and safety are our top priorities and we ensure the shift manager on duty conducts what we refer to as a travel path every 30 minutes.The travel path sees the shift manager walk through and check all areas of the restaurant.